Redirecting

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Sloppy Seconds

Plaxico Burress was suspended by the NY Giants for the remainder of the season, because he broke the law by firing an illegal handgun, and he faces two prison terms of 3 1/2 years each.

Sean Avery, on the other hand, was suspended by the NHL for making a comment about his ex-girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert's tendency to date other NHL players:

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," the Ontario native said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

I'm no Sean Avery fan, but seriously - that warrants a suspension in the NHL these days? Talk about signs of the apocalypse. It's not like he yelled something rude at Elisha in front of the camera, like:


Blank

-KD

1 comment:

My final out said...

That is one of the greatest movie quotes of all time. Cracks me up everytime I hear it.

-Grouse