Redirecting

Monday, October 29, 2007

Ship It!

I didn't write much at all about the Red Sox this year because I am superstitious, and didn't want to jinx their ride to the title, but now that it's in the books, I can send out an emphatic SUCK IT to all the Yankee chooches out there, especially Arod and Scott "Scummer" Boras - who demonstrated a complete lack of class by announcing Arod's opting out of his contract in the 8th inning of the clinching World Series game last night.





I thought this picture of Jon Lester with his two trophies was terrific - a guy who fought through cancer and seems to have everything he can want now. Congrats Jon:





And how can you ever get enought of Jonathan Paplebon's intensity?

The Sox got contributions from their homegrown young guns (Pedroia, Ellsbury, Paplebon, Lester, Youkilis) their big name players (Manny, Ortiz, Lowell, Beckett, even JD Drew!), and even the unlikeliest of stars like Bobby "game winning HR" Kielty.
I watched a few innings of the game last night at the Riviera, a fanatical Red Sox bar near my apartment in Manhattan. Honus was plastered, and I tried to get him to use my sure-fire Sox chick pickup line "Hey baby, why don't you come over to my place and blow it like Gagne," but he pussed out at the last minute. I eventually retired to the solitude of my own apartment to enjoy the clinching moment in peace, just as I had in 2004.
Red Sox chairman Tom Werner summed the situation up well in his postgame comments: "2004 was for our parents and grandparents and those people who suffered through eight decades before a World Championship. This is for us and for our children and for everybody in Red Sox Nation."
Go Sox.
-KD

No comments: