Redirecting

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Where the Sand Turns to Gold

Worm: You know what always cheers me up?

Mikey Mc D: No, what's that?

Worm: Rolled up aces over kings. Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, "where the sand turns to gold." Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.

Mikey Mc D: Fuck it, let's go.

Worm: Don't tease me.

Mikey Mc D: Let's play some cards.

I couldn't take it anymore, and for some reason couldn't put together a Vegas trip, but Atlantic City was the undeniable force. After a week of complaining about hotel room prices and lack of poker room rates for unrated players, I decided to take Friday off and book Thursday and Friday night at the Trop in A.C.

Of course, as soon as I told Eric I'd booked it, he told me he could no longer make it, which left me with two choices: a) play poker in the city, where the Friday game is usually weak and ends early, or b) go solo to A.C.

I hit up the Vortex and asked him his advice: "What would you do if you were in my shoes?"

"Go to A.C. and play poker for 48 straight hours, getting up only to go to the bathroom."

Excellent advice, and as an added bonus, Vortex himself will be there Friday night, and I'll try to crash his beach house on Saturday.

I haven't been to A.C. in 5+ years, so if anyone has any advice on where to play no limit hold'em (1-2NL or 2-5NL or something like that) - I'm looking for the best game that doesn't cap stack sizes at something too small (ie, 2-5NL $250 max buy-in is retarded).

And if anyone will be in A.C. Thursday or Friday, let me know.

until then,
KD

No comments: