Redirecting

Monday, January 26, 2009

Bad Idea Jeans

You remember the classic SNL fake commercial for Bad Idea Jeans right? Well, perusing the free daily newspaper this morning, I came across this gem:

Cops: Drunken worker set fire to WTC elevator - A commodities broker who police say was intoxicated was arrested after he allegedly tried to set fire to a freight elevator he was trapped in. Ryan Brinkerhoff, of Jersey City, got trapped in the elevator at 7 World Trade Center early Saturday and started the fire in an effort to attract attention, police said.

Wow. Bad Idea Jeans. I immediately posed the question to my wife, "How drunk would you have to be for you to think it was a good idea to start a fire in order to attract attention if you were trapped in an elevator?" I'm pretty sure I've never been that drunk. I also love the use of the word "allegedly" in the report, like it wasn't determined if he tried to set fire to the freight elevator or not.

-KD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember "Hey You" perfume?