Redirecting

Monday, November 09, 2009

Monday Night Links From The Country

Walking along the side of our rural road yesterday I found a PIECE of a porcupine - like, a little piece of fur  the size of my open palm, with spines on it.  What can rip off a piece of a porcupine, aside from a bear?  Today my wife, Oscar and I walked in the woods wearing our neon orange "don't shoot me" vests, and met our first hunters - two large men each driving their own off road vehicle, with guns strapped to the back.  Live Free or Die!

"Would it have been uncouth for me to request that they don't shoot us on our way back?"  I asked Mrs. Dynamite, who merely frowned at me.

I also saw a little bat - the flying rodent kind - flying around today and landing on my barn.  We knew that there were some bats living in the barn, but I was surprised to see one flying around at 2pm.  I saw him try to snipe a flying bug, but the bat merely banged against it, failing to catch it.  Perhaps it was a baby bat, just getting out for the first time - which might explain the afternoon flight.

Here are some worthy reads:



Via Calculated Risk:  Walmart Quote of the Night
 "There are families not eating at the end of the month,” said Stephen Quinn, executive vice president and chief marketing officer at Wal-Mart Stores, and “literally lining up at midnight” at Wal-Mart stores waiting to buy food when paychecks or government checks land in their accounts."


My CDS post, republished on SeekingAlpha generated some intelligent comments, some of which are similar to the comments left on my blog.  

-KD

2 comments:

Josh said...

I think it's pretty funny that this blog started out as a poker blog and now it's such a respected financial blog that you get invited to the Treasury for semi off the record discussions. Life is strange.

Good work.

SuPeRfLyE5 said...

...did you wear the porcupine piece and dance around Hannibal Lector-style?