Redirecting

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Manute Bol, RIP

Was I the only one who had the life sized Manute Bol poster on my wall growing up?  Bol was so tall that the poster came in two pieces - each was a normal full sized poster, but one was from the waist down and one was from the waist up.  It went up my wall and onto my ceiling.

According to Wikipedia: "Over the course of his career, Bol averaged 2.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 0.3 assists and 3.3 blocks per game while only playing an average of 18.7 minutes per game."

I'd wager that Bol is the only player to average more blocks than points per game.  Oh wait - Wikipedia addresses this too: "The only player in NBA history to block more shots than points scored, blocking 2,086 shots and scoring 1,599 points."  There you have it.

 -KD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Philly, I remember when he was in Philly he had a game where he hit a couple threes and it sounded like the roof was going to blow off after every one, hilarious. RIP Manute, one of my childhood/teen memories.