Redirecting

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Jon Stewart - I Give Up - Funny

A very funny ten minute clip from Jon Stewart's Daily Show last night:


The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
I Give Up - 9/11 Responders Bill
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party


In case the embedded video doesn't work: here.

You gotta love Stewart's response to Congressman Brady (who said of the 9/11 responders "They went there to save survivors, not to raise tax sarcastically channeling the responders:  "Before I rush in, you gotta promise me and my family that this will not affect the Swiss pharmaceutical companies' offshore tax status."

I'm looking for a place in life where I can use the phrase "THE GENTLEMAN WILL SIT DOWN!"

In fact, I like "The Gentleman" as a new euphemism... 

Also, I don't know if Congressman Weiner was out of line or not, but I totally disagree with Dana Perino -  I like the passion. 

note: this is not a political post.  I don't know if the Democrats violated some procedure, (although if someone can explain to me what they violated, and if the Republicans were justified in voting down the bill because it was somehow unlawful from a procedural standpoint,  I'd still love to hear it, but I don't think that's the case. And yes, I understand that the Dems used a different procedure requiring a 2/3rds majority).   - I just think John Stewart's take on the situation is funny.  All political comments will be summarily ignored or possibly deleted, depending on how I feel.

-KD

5 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

The weiner episode made last Friday nights fun blog:
http://economicdisconnect.blogspot.com/2010/07/end-of-week-is-at-hand.html

I loved the passion and I dont even care what it was about or the politics of it. It was a good time.

PS,
not sure if you did, but if you liked BMX or skateboarding you may want to stop by.

Unknown said...

Perino as Eva Braun?

Daniel said...

Dana Perino is a dipshit. First class.

EconomicDisconnect said...

KD,
you have probably seen this, but a great interview with Steve Wynn and he gets all riled up about the DC guys messing with, well, everything:
http://thehousingtimebomb.blogspot.com/2010/08/steve-wynn-nails-it.html

He says China is more politically stable than the US these days! I love this guy.

Anonymous said...

this is the first time I have checked out this blog (a friend has been recommending it for a while now)...... great.... analysis.... just brilliant..