Redirecting

Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's So Easy In Hindsight

My friend Ted sent me this story yesterday - a flashback from November, 2007.  All you really need to know is the headline: "Rappers join models in insisting on Euros as Greenbacks fall further out of fashion."  In hindsight, I can only facepalm myself, and wonder how I didn't recognize one of the greatest contrarian signals of my generation.  Rappers & models....

-KD

note: to be fair, the Euro (vs USD)  is only now trending below the Nov 2007 level, so if the rappers & models were quick and nimble with their FX trading, they could have made out great on the trade.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Thanks, KD. I've had "It's So Easy" by Guns -N- Roses in my head all day...

RJ said...

Presented without comment:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=awQzRIHP_ZPw