Can you pick the real headline(s) out of the list of headlines below?
1) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS EUROPE'S RESPONSE TO CRISIS IS "VERY STRONG"
2) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS EU DEBT CRISIS UNLIKELY TO HURT US ECONOMY
3) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS "HELICOPTER BEN IS STANDING BY WITH A WHOLE FLEET OF HUEYS READY TO BOMBARD THE HEARTLAND WITH A STORM OF $100 BILLS SIX INCHES THICK"
4) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS "EUROPE HAS THE CAPACITY TO MANAGE THROUGH THIS"
5) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS WILL MOVE QUICKLY ON FANNIE, FREDDIE CHANGES
6) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS NEW FINANCIAL RULES HELP "FIX WHAT'S BROKEN"
7) BN 16:00 GEITHNER SAYS U.S. ECONOMY "GETTING STRONGER," CONFIDENCE UP"
8) BN 16:00 GEITHNER PRAISES "VERY STRONG" FINANCIAL OVERHAUL LEGISLATION
My friend Ted inspired this post by sending me headline number 2, which outraged him. Ted is a U.S. bull, but he thinks it's totally irresponsible for Geithner to throw out phrases like "unlikely" without quantifying them, and that this can only come back to bite Geithner in the ass like Hank Paulson's "subprime is largely contained" from quote October of 2008.
In case it wasn't obvious, all of the headlines are real, except for number 3, which is nevertheless probably as accurate as any of the other headlines.