Redirecting

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Surreal Indeed

So I'm flipping through the channels, and I leave the haven of the HD tier, and slum it down to VH1, to see what sorts of shenanigans are happening on The Surreal Life. If you don't know, this is a show that's basically a takeoff on MTV's The Real World - only it involves washed up celebrities (or perhaps I should say "FORMER" celebrities).

This episode featured former Trump apprentice-wannabee Omarosa antagonizing former supermodel Janice Dickinson. Omarosa has apparently insulted Janice, and Janice is seeking an apology, as the entire cast sits down to a nice dinner. Omarosa, of course, not only refuses to apologize, but also continues to antagonize Janice, saying something about her being a cokehead who's not fit to raise children. At this point, Janice flips out, and pulls a Jerry Maguire style walkout - trying to get the other cast members to show their disapproval and come with her.

But Balkie just sits there.... Pepa just sits there... Carey Hart just sits there... Jose Canseco just sits there... And then we get a side interview with Jose Canseco, featuring the following quote, which is the crux of this post in the first place:

"Every time I've tried to help a woman I've been incarcerated... I've learned my lesson: If I try to help a woman, I'm going to Jail."

-Jose Canseco


Boo yah... I'm telling you folks - you need to watch more TV.

On a completely random side note, I was very proud of myself for recognizing that Jonathan Togo, who plays Ryan Wolfe on CSI: Miami was hiding a thick Boston accent - which he let slip accidentally while interrogating a suspect in a recent episode. Check it out - he's from Rockland, MA baby. Even a bunch of years in NY can't kill the WICKED PISSA in me.

until next time,
KD

No comments: