Redirecting

Monday, October 04, 2010

Garden is Still Going!

You thought my garden was done?  Not by a long shot. Broccoli is maturing for the second time (replanted) as are sugar peas.   Tomatoes still have one last hurrah, and Brussels Sprouts and green peppers are also not dead yet.  My hot pepper patch is a thing of beauty.

Brussels Sprouts:


Cooked (with bacon!)






Harvest from yesterday:  eggplant, green peppers, hot peppers:


Hot pepper closeup:

Random picture of Oscar lounging in a chair.  He just hopped right up and reclined like an old man.  All he needs is a cigar and a glass of wine:


I made a batch of pickled peppers this weekend - I'm going to crack them open next weekend and see how they came out.

-KD

2 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

Wow, nice harvest!

When we moved into this house I tried to grow potatos out back and all I got were thumbnail sized crappy ones. You have a green thumb it seems.

EconomicDisconnect said...

Whoa! I just noticed in your Amazon list you had "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"! That was a really different book and I loved it.