Redirecting

Monday, October 11, 2010

So You Like Alan Grayson?

I thought Alan Grayson was pretty intelligent - clearly a good speaker, maybe a bit of a grandstander in front of congressional hearings -  but Jon Stewart does a good job describing what I think is some pretty despicable behavior on Grayson's part, deliberately dishonestly quoting his opponent out of context:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Indecision 2010 - Taliban Dan & Boo-Gate<a>
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorRally to Restore Sanity





How do Grayson supporters feel about these shenanigans?  Look - there isn't even a debate here.  Dan Webster may have radical views - I probably disagree with many or most of them -  but THIS SPECIFIC AD deliberately quotes Webster out of context to make it look like he's saying something that he's not

I don't give two craps about the race in the Webster/Grayson district - but Grayson's out of context slander here is shameful.

-KD



5 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

This stuff never ceases to amaze me.

Onlooker said...

Agreed. Unfortunately pathological lying has become truly endemic in our politics and across our society.

And no matter how blatant it is, it just doesn't seem like it's all that harmful to those who get caught red handed like this. At least not harmful enough. Of course that's no doubt because it has become so commonplace, widespread, and alas, expected. "Everybody's doing it so what's the big deal" (or something along those lines) is all too often the attitude.

I remain hopeful that integrity will become an attractive trait again someday. And if I spy it in a politician (true integrity, not just empty words) I'm inclined to support them even if I don't fully agree with their policy stances. It's a rare thing out there, for sure. And it remains rare because the voters all too often reward this crap and/or are gullible saps.

I could go on and on.

Anonymous said...

Much as I detest the Grayson ad, I would still vote for him (if I lived in his district).

I'm pretty much a single-issue voter at this point: If a candidate displays a willingness to take on the banks and their "regulators" in the government, then I will vote for that candidate.

Anonymous said...

It's disturbing that we've reached a point in America where we must choose between the sociopaths that performed the largest looting of America, or the sociopaths who are looking to fight against the thieves.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

We let the President of the U.S. blatantly lie under oath just a few years ago, and essentially nothing happened to him. While utterly despicable for sure, it is not hard to see why people believe they too can get away with this kind of behavior.