Redirecting

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Deals, Deals, Deals

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out a few interesting online deals I found that should be good at least through the end of Saturday.  Amazon.com has seasons one, two and three of Mad Men on Blu-Ray for $9.99 each - if you're into that sort of thing (although I passed on Mad Men).  I actually bought seasons one and two of Breaking Bad instead for about $20 each, I hear it's pretty good.  I needed something Blu-Ray to try out in my new Blu-Ray player that I bought from Crutchfield.

Elsewhere, in "Black Friday Stories I Just Don't Understand,"  this tidbit from the NY Times summed it all up for me:

"Gwen Watson, who was shopping at the Mall at Short Hills in New Jersey, said she didn’t even plan on doing Black Friday shopping, but this year the prices were too good, like a $19.99 toaster that was exactly like one she had bought for $60."

I love a good deal as much as the next guy - but I'm not buying another toaster exactly like the one I already have even if it's a great bargain.
-KD

note: see my Amazon Affiliates disclaimer on the sidebar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've never heard of toaster cost-averaging?

Kid Dynamite said...

you know, Anon, my wife and I actually have lots of stuff in "inventory" as backup... but not things like toasters... more like batteries, paper goods, even travel dog bowls. but i'm not buying a backup toaster, or GPS, or DVD player...

EconomicDisconnect said...

I still have a "box" TV that I bought 4 years ago (full back tube kind, no plasma etc) and I got it then for $299. Until that thing dies no new TV for me, but they don't even sell the old type tv's anymore, ugh.