Redirecting

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Politicians Never Fail To Dissapoint

I try not to write about politics too much on this blog.  I feel like there isn't usually much that can come out of a comment conversation about the topic - ideologues on both sides usually batter the opposition with their viewpoint.  Jeez - I mean - it's hard enough to discuss economics with its corresponding ideologies on each side.  But I was just made aware of a comment that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made last week, which disgusts me.

 “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president”

Now - was that taken out of context?  Did McConnell mean something else?  I don't know.  I'm generally fiscally conservative at least, but when I hear crap like this coming out the mouths of our elected officials it makes me furious.

In the words of SF Giant's closer Brian Wilson:  "I feel like I want to rage. RIGHT NOW."


and now I'm off to vote...

in other news, this is a much watch, courtesy of Marginal Revolution:



-KD

4 comments:

J Johnson said...

Loved the Keynesian video. Check out the quality Brian Wilson vid on Rome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhi3SX0TAmw

Anonymous said...

Both sides are outrageous. Is this news?

Kid Dynamite said...

Nemo - the McConnell quote was news to me - everyone should know that's his/republicans stated agenda. It's sick. and again - I'm generally a republican.

j johnson - Brian Wilson is a lunatic, clearly. I love that he repped the Bud Fox cell phone

Taylor said...

Check out Brian Wilson's introduction to "The Machine". ~50 second mark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrkSElfm7Lk