Redirecting

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Show Me The Money

Readers are probably not surprised to know that I make approximately zero dollars from this blog. I have a revenue source - Amazon Associates, but my year-to-date earnings from that are in the vicinity of $20.  Ship it!   If you click on one of my Amazon.com links and buy anything - even if it's not the product in the link that you clicked on - I get a small commission, yet you don't pay any extra.  So, this holiday season, remember your favorite blogger if you do any holiday shopping at Amazon.com.  Of course, if you're feeling generous, you can also hit my tip jar directly - there's a link on the right sidebar.

Aside, I continue to love Amazon.com.  My wife and I buy so much stuff on there, it's scary.  In the past 6 months, I've bought:

- Two different pairs of soccer socks
- Peltor Hearing Protector for when I use my leaf blower
and more!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Amazon.com is for real.  Free 2-day shipping via Amazon Prime, solid customer service, easy returns and a wide product selection.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if in 10 years I bought electricity from Amazon.

-KD

7 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

I buy probably 80% of everything on Amazon.

So if I click your link on the righ, then do my shopping, you will get a commission? That will be cool next month because I buy almost all my Christmas stuff there. Let me know if that is how it works.

Transor Z said...

Brady with the spike... missed PAT.

I've got to think traffic here is increasing. You've had some great posts in the last year that have been picked up. You could also freelance because you have technical expertise and write well.

EconomicDisconnect said...

I see.

James said...

scary but accurate KD. What is fascinating is that these are guys who take little interest in the products they sell - they just nail the efficiency aspect and considering "trust" is triumphing over "value" these days they're only going to get bigger and bigger!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see them with Utilities bundled with staples and full grocery subscription - like Facebook and EBay part of their triumph has been helping other businesses to grow / leverage off of their traffic.

My purchases are not as diverse but I do buy a shit ton of stuff (mainly books) and in the UK Prime = 1 day shipping (small country ftmfw!!) & iPhone app + pub drinking with well read friends = diverse surprise deliveries to the office :)

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Obviously amazon.com is the shizznizzle.

But why no love for AMZN on the blog here? Even sitting at $160 a share right now I still think it's a good bet to rise to $200 and beyond as its revenues continue to soar year after year. I'm not sure I've ever seen you mention the stock at all, one way or the other, even while repeatedly singing the praises of easily the greatest retailer in the modern world.

Kid Dynamite said...

Hoyazo - AMZN is a favorite of the shorts because its valuation always looks absurd. I am not even thinking about shorting it though - I'd love to own it, and always say that I'll buy it after the next crash - which is no sort of strategy. You'll notice that I don't really talk to much about ANY stocks here - in terms of valuation.

marketmania said...

Hey Kid---
vicinity of $20. Ship it!

you got 20 I can borrow? LOL