Redirecting

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Play Ball!

I just came back from Opening Day at the Riviera - a Red Sox bar in the heart of Manhattan. If there's a better way to spend a Tuesday afternoon than downing 4 beers watching the Sox beat the Rays, I don't know what it is.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remember two of my favorite posts on the Red Sox:

1) City of Champions: from 9/11/2005: Making the trip to the Jungle of Yankee Stadium 3 times in one weekend - seeing the Sox lose twice, and still loving every minute of it. This weekend also featured the Patriot's unveiling their third championship banner, and my story of going to see the Sox vs Yanks in Boston on Opening day 2005, when the Sox received their championship rings.

2) JD Who? A treatise on JD Drew and Anchoring Bias - when some drunk Masshole at the Capital Grille mistook me for JD Drew on Saturday night after a Sox-Yanks game.

As any Sox fan knows - if you get to hear "Dirty Water" at Fenway, it was a good day:





-KD

No comments: