Redirecting

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Relax, Hoss, She Was Kidding

One of the problems with living up in central New Hampshire is that the radio stations are 1) not very plentiful and 2) not very good.  At home, while we make dinner, my wife has the radio tuned to the pop channel that plays a rotation of roughly 10 songs (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Ke$ha, that song about airplanes and shooting stars, John Mayer, and a few other heavy rotation hits). 

Lately, when I'm driving in the car, I've found a country station that comes in well, which is one of the main reasons I've been listening to it.  Driving around with my wife yesterday, I cranked up the country, which she absolutely hates.  In an effort to try to get me to change the station, she threatened:

"This makes me want to bang cowboys."

*BLUFF*!!! I thought, and turned it up...

"Rain makes cornnnnn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby feel a little frisky..."

-KD



author's note:  In case it's not clear, Mrs. Dynamite doesn't really want to bang cowboys when she hears country music... she was just trying to get me to turn off the country music

7 comments:

Buckeye Bob said...

While I think their business model is flawed, satellite radio is great for situations like where you are. At least you can always find something to listen to.

EconomicDisconnect said...

I am so leaving this one alone!

I do 93.7 Mike FM; pretty wide mix.

Kid Dynamite said...

GYC - i'm just out of range for MIKE. yes - i like that too, and 92.9 in Boston is very good too.

J said...

You should have cranked up the Big Green Tractor, that would have really riled her.

Anonymous said...

Kid,

Head on over to Kokopelli in N.Conway and git yurself a big hat n' some chaps... yep... I believe the term is, "check, raise".

~~vlcccashmachine~~

Kid Dynamite said...

vlc - funny - i was up in Barnstead last night and i saw the Kokopelli billboard, which advertises that it's "43.6 miles away," which confused me greatly....

Joel said...

KD,
This is too funny... my wife says the same type of stuff to try to get me to change the channel if poker is on... "oh man, daniel negrenau is so hot.."