Redirecting

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are Readers Having Format Problems?

A friend of mine told me that as of a few weeks ago my blog wasn't formatting correctly in his Blackberry Column View.  Now, I don't know what Blackberry Column View is, but he tells me it's a re-formatter that makes it easier to read blogs on the Blackberry without scrolling all over the place.

I postulated that perhaps my new Amazon.com sidebar widgets (look how pretty they are!) may have something to do with it, and that no, I couldn't take them off.  See, these Amazon widgets are my only source of income! I make like $3 a month in a good month off them (thank goodness I'm not in Philadelphia - they'd make me pay $300 for the privilege!).  By the way - I strongly endorse all of the books in my "recommended books" widget, and all of the music in my "music" widget which is further down the right sidebar. Disclosure:  If you click through to Amazon from my site and buy something other than the link you clicked on, I get a little commission too, but you don't pay any additional charges.

Anyway - are other readers having this formatting problem? Does anyone even use Blackberries to surf the 'web anymore?

-KD

7 comments:

Richard P. said...

I don't use that crackberry sh//////.

But I do use Google Reader and your blog has always had some weird extra space at the bottom of each post. It about doubles the length of the post. No big deal, but it is strange since you work on a blogger platform.

Kid Dynamite said...

lenin3 - i've also noticed that Google Reader problem, and i have no idea why it is... i wonder it if's a relic from AdSense, which i no longer have...

Anonymous said...

the amazon stuff has made the site slower. if its only $3 u shd can it

Anonymous said...

btw - NH vs ME on bloomberg. you going to weigh in?

Kid Dynamite said...

hey - a man's gotta earn!

not sure what that NH vs ME reference is about...

Anonymous said...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-24/obama-misreads-message-of-live-free-or-die-commentary-by-amity-shlaes.html

Kid Dynamite said...

nice - i love it. without trying to ignite another debate, the moral of the story is that the private free market can allocate capital much better than the government can.